Tuesday, February 2, 2016

potty grandma

Severin escaped one day after I picked him up from preschool. He had said he wanted to go see Potty Grandma, I told him no she wasn't home. Potty Grandma is our neighbor across the street. Her job in the Primary is to check in on the classes and take kids to the potty so the teachers can stay with the class. So Sev calls her Potty Grandma. He was playing outside, I had the door open so I could hear him. Then I noticed the silence. I went outside looking for him and calling his name. No answer. I go inside and look and call for him in every room and in every hiding spot. No answer. So I start walking down the street asking neighbors if they had seen him. No one had. Then I rounded the corner where there was some contruction going on-boys love to watch big trucks, even though I thought this would be too far for him to have gone. They hadn't seen him. Then I start going door to door. And by this time I have 2 neighbors out looking also and driving the block. If a neighbors door was open and they were not home I went in and checked their house. I had to make the call to Thom-it had been an hour since I had seen him, I was getting frantic. We talked for a moment gathering details retracing my path, my thoughts.We hang up agreeing on 5 more mins before I call the police and have Thom come home. And then it *DINGS* he wanted to see Potty Grandma! I go to her house, front door locked, back door locked, sliding door had the vertical blinds pulled, but I tried it anyway. IT OPENED! As soon as I opened the door I heard 'Dragon Tales' blasting from the TV. He had got in through the sliding door, closed the blinds, and started watching Netflix on her TV.
He was in so much trouble! I turned off the TV and marched him home to sit on his bed. I held it together while I called off the neighborhood search and informed Thom. But when I went to talk to him it all came crashing down. I never want to feel that fear again. Sevie knew he had done something very serious. I wanted him to apologize to Potty Grandma. He wrote her this heart felt note and bought her her favorite snack-wasabi peas. I doubt he will ever sneak over to her house again 

No comments:

Post a Comment