Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Heart Month Day #20 Grief

I have been to too many funerals. I have stood by too many parents as they bury their child. Although I have not lost my child I grieve for their loss. I know I could be in their place at any moment. There is nothing you can say to a parent whose child goes to Heaven, nothing will comfort them, nothing will make the pain stop, nothing will bring their baby back. Some do not want you to say 'sorry for your loss', no one ever wants to hear 'they are in a better place'. I ask you on behalf of those who are grieving their child, please love them, and never forget their child. Because they never will.
My personal grief takes on a different look. I grieve the right after delivery snuggle. I grieve nursing. I grieve blessing him with family all around. I grieve that family couldn't come and see him. I grieve rough housing with Dad. I grieve because I have so much CHD information- the things you didn't know you didn't know. I grieve that he has to have so much pain so early in life. I grieve the winter lock downs to keep him healthy. I grieve that he can't keep up with his friends running. I grieve he gets too hot or too cold. I grieve for his future. I grieve the what ifs.

No comments:

Post a Comment