Family is a given. My belief system is a assumed. BUT I would not have made it without Heidi. Heidi and I connected through the local CHD support group Intermountain Healing Hearts. I am not 100 % clear on how we first connected. A lot in the beginning is a blur. At the time IHH was a website with a chat forum or a messaging program. I think that is where we first found each other. Searching for someone who has your childs same or similar diagnosis becomes an obsession, a quest for HOPE. In September IHH holds a CHD Awareness walk. We knew each other would be there. Of course we were late. Getting 3 kids under the age of 5 out the door by 8 am was never going to happen. When we made it there this nice lady holding a baby came and asked me if I was Angee. She tells me she has been asking everyone with a new baby if they were Angee all morning. And that is where it all began.


We would spend our "Sunday Lock Downs" emailing each other. Then we graduated to phone calls and texting. Now I don't think a week goes by with out a "how is everything going" text or call. She "gets" me. She has talked me off many ledges. She has validated me when I thought I was surely cracking up. Our friendship has evolved from Heart Moms to true friendship in all facets of our lives. We look forward to our Gunnell-Quist Memorial Day camp outs. We celebrate with each other. And we cry, a lot together.
No comments:
Post a Comment