Saturday, July 3, 2010
Victims and Perpetrators
I wanted to share a conversation Thom and I had before going to bed tonight. At times like this, expecting a critical baby who will not ever be"fixed",stress,stress,stress,etc. It is easy to feel like the "victim". Ask the WHYs, like did this happen to his heart while I was pushing myself to shave off a few minutes on my 5 mile run? Did we do something to deserve this? Is this a punishment for something in our past? My friends the answer is a simple no. If we were to take the victim status then where would the perpetrator status lie? With God, oh yeah He's an easy target, not us because that would not be rational. Ha Ha There is no victim therefore there is no perpetrator. Don't get me wrong kids, THIS SUCKS! And it is going to suck for all of Severins life, but we wouldn't trade it. Not one moment. Sometimes crappy things just happen. It's not always for the learning experience, sometimes it is just an experience. Geez sounds like LIFE?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Angie,
ReplyDeleteThis is Kathleen - wow, reading through your blogs... listening to your worries, your concerns, your hopes, your stresses and yes your "wishes" really bring back a lot of memories. You have such an excellent spiritual perspective of everything that is happening. You're an amazing Mommy, a wonderful woman! I've been thinking about you and your sweet little baby boy a lot lately. I regret not making time earlier to talk to you about my experience with Megan. I know that you're probably very busy right now, but if this is indeed the calm before the storm and you find yourself wanting to chat - please for sure reach out to me (801-489-8989), because I would love to talk with you. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your sweet family. I know that the strength of our ward's fast tomorrow will be felt. Take care, treat yourself as you would your best friend - be patient with yourself and allow yourself to cry if needbe. Everything is in HIS hands, so that means that everything will work out exactly as it should. Love to you,
Kathleen
I know you dont know me but if I can answer any questions my son has HRHS VSD TGA and Double inlet LV he is 6 months old and has had his glenn if you need anything feel free to let me know
ReplyDeleteIvy Murphy mom to Connor
wow well said and brings back all the feelings before my Nevaeh was born. I will be praying for you and following your blog.
ReplyDeleteWere you there when Cody and I said our talks in church on Memorial weekend? The topic was "The plan of happiness" . We can always ask the Whys, why me ,why this ? Just remember he has a plan, even though we don't choose the crappy things that happen in our lives, it is part of His great plan. And we were the ones who shouted for Joy in Heaven to accept the trials that would come our way. Even though our minds were blanked.(which I think isn't fair sometimes)
ReplyDeleteAngie you have been such a tooper, Im sure you have had your moments , but your a strong woman and only a strong woman could do what your doing. That baby is so lucky to have the parents he does. Keep your faith, treasure the small moments even though hard and in stress! Good luck tommorrow we will keep you in our prayers! If you need anything please let us know, I can babysit if need be . We Will be thinking of you , its Gavins birthday too. And Im glad you made this blog now we can spy on you guys! Good luck again Lv Michelle & Cody Jensen