Here is a list of my "hopes". For those of you who want to pray for the specific. I get a little nervous when I ask for the specific, because I don't always want to hear the specific answer.
-8/15 Bishops Score- This determines how ready my body is. 8-9 is a "favorable" induction,
I am an 8 as of yesterday. CHECK!
- 55 or more for the Amniocentesis count- This will mean his lungs are ready to breathe.
- 3 hours of labor- The faster the better, the moment this baby starts to show signs of stress it
will be a C-section, which will make it so I can't be with him as soon. FYI: I am going all- natural again. Wish me luck!
- 8 lbs or more- A bigger baby can tolerate surgery better. I do remind Thom he still has to
come out of me, so easy on this one, lets not get too big. I think 8.4 would be nice.
- 48 hours to snuggle- IF he can tolerate the medication, he will not have to be intubated. This
means we can hold him! He can nurse, and snuggle, and meet his brother and sisters and they can hold him, what a great photo opportunity! And then ease into this big painful world. They do not want to do his surgery for 48 hours, so to check all body functions are flowing. This could be our
FAMILY TIME we have been wishing for!
- 2 weeks post surgery home- This one may be a little too hopeful, but you can't begrudge a
mommy for wanting all her chicks in the nest together. The average stay post-op is six weeks. The Cardiologist said they don't remember the kids who do well and he doesn't want to remember us, nor do we want to be memorable.
Thats all Folks! I am a week away from"D" day. Keep those thoughts, prayers and positive affirmations coming our way. Thank-you!
All Our Love
Angie it's Holly Bird! Just know I am thinking about you and your family is in my prayers! Me and Anna came by a couple months ago to see you but you weren't home we miss and love you!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have it down and are ready to go!!! Thats awesome!! The more prepared you are the better I think at least. Yes big babies do better LOL Kylie was 9lbs1oz at 2 weeks early, because of that she had her surgery at a day and 1/2 old, she was born 10pm Tuesday and had it Friday morning. Also because she was bigger, they could do a bigger shunt which ment no O2 for the first while! She actually got called a moose from one of the picu docs LOL they are not used to seeing big babies I guess. Well I really like your last post. You are so positive and ready to go!! Glad you don't have the why me's even though it's so easy to feel that way and still is. Kylie being almost 2 and 2 surgeries down 1 to go it gets easier to fall in the why her situation. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your new little. Remember take care off mommy. Oh I was going to say I think most heart babies do okay with the whole labor thing so -the c-section because yes that would be harder on you. Praying for you and your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteChrissie
(IHH) mom to Kylie HLHS
p.s I have a blog I keep private and would be more than happy to invite you? Just send me your email address bnctaylor@msn.com
sorry for the novel :0)