
All in preparation to go home, no IVs, a T-shirt and socks on his hands so he can't pull out any tubes. He had an NG tube for a medication that needed to be absorbed in the stomach. After the swallow study they decided he could swallow the medication, and he did it and liked it! No more NG! The idea is if they clear out his nostrils, maybe he will do better with a smaller O2 amount. Novel concept! Tonight I was giving him a facial massage- super relaxing for the kid. He kept sating too high, they had to keep turning the O2 down. Finally they just had to turn the O2 off. He was maintaining his O2 saturations on room air when I left to come home tonight. Hopefully he can keep it up through the night. They will still send him home with oxygen and a pulse oximeter just in case. He is eating 27kcals which is his goal at a rate of 18 cc per hour. Whoohoo!
That is great news!!
ReplyDeleteWow!! I just can't believe how well he is doing after such a big surgery. It is truly amazing.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you guys! What a miracle he is! Loves to you!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Severin. He is such a strong little fighter. It sounds like he wants to come home as much as his family does. I hope it is a good day for you today. I NEED to do something for you and your family. So PLEASE let me know what I can do. Take kids to play at my house, bring in food/treats. I am here for ya sista!!! I am just so excited for you guys!!!
ReplyDelete