Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 20

This picture was taken before the Arterial line in his hand was removed. He looks more and more like a normal baby. They had to take off his bandages for an ECHO today, by tomorrow this will be his normal bandage. He still has 2 IV lines, the RA lines that go to his heart, NJ, NG and high flow oxygen nasal cannula. Which is a TON less then he started with. Neleh thought he had boogers because of the tubes in his nose. He will make it to full feeds (through his NJ tube) tomorrow night, after that goal they can remove his RA lines. Then I can hold him! Today I have been able to hold his head and back and bounce him. This has been the only thing to calm him down when he gets mad. He has a temper. His face gets all squishy, and purple, he opens his mouth huge and lets out a little squeek cry, that will get louder in time. His progression is a direct result of fasting and prayer. THANK-YOU!

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, he's absolutely beautiful Angie. What a cutie for sure!!!! Thanks so much for keeping us all updated - I read your blogs every time you post them. Continued blessings to little Severin and his family.
    Love,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little Angel! He is so beautiful! I can't get over his locks!
    I am so glad that he is doing so well! And Im so excited for you guys to be able to snuggle him, you've been very patient which would be hard. We will keep praying for him and your family! Tell Thom hello, hope your feeling better also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little boy! I looove his fat rolls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks like he is gaining weight! :) Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love the picture he is so sweet. The kids want to send there love your way. We all thought it was cute that Neleh thinks he has boogers. She is so funny. Your doing a great job. I am excited for all you. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete