Thursday, July 22, 2010

Good bye CICU, Hello CSU

By about 3:30 today Severin was transferred to CSU (Children's Surgical Unit) 3rd floor. Otherwise known as "the floor". He has the "suite" with his own bathroom and a view. He still has just a bit of oxygen, NG-for the study medication, NJ for fortified momma milky, and one IV for lipids-he needs lots of fats. He still has a hoarse cry, they haven't done the swallow study, so no oral feeds yet. We will talk about that tomorrow. Feeding and how he is going to eat once he is home is our last goal to accomplish. Yeah!

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I am so happy for you! This is such a blessing! I cant wait for him to meet Auntie Julie!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahooo, thats a big step closer to going home!! The floor is so nice compaired to the CICU. I love that you can sleep in the room and shower and not feel like you are a stranger to your own baby!! Good Luck praying everything continue's going GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angee, what terrific news!!! Such a great picture with so much meaning. Thom I have to say he looks just like you! Sounds like he is improving by leaps and bounds, translated means miracles pouring down from heaven.
    We love ya.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, things are moving so much faster then I expected. What an amazing day!!! Everyday I look to see what new milestone he has accomplished!!! We are so very happy for your family and Severin's success, and pray daily that he will continue to strengthen. You guys look amazing in your picture with him.
    Sending lots of love, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for the third floor. Love that shows improvement. Hoping for good eating and home soon!

    Hugs & Prayers,
    Christina from IHH

    ReplyDelete