Friday, July 9, 2010
MRI = Ventilator bummer
Severin is a far from boring kid, same as his heart. The Surgeon wanted an MRI to get a better look at his crazy pulmonary veins, to decide what is the best proceedures. They have to be intubated for a MRI, the hope is it is only for the MRI and then removed. Severin has been having some apnea. Which is a side effect of his medication-we knew this. But because of this he will stay on a ventilator from now until after surgery. We were able to give lots of kisses, and now we wait. What a gift the past two days have been! I will be discharged soon from the U. It will be great to be with my kids for bed time. I'll update on the MRI as soon as we know anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Angee, Congratulations!! We have been on vacation the past few days and I couldn't wait to get home to see how things were going. I am so glad that things are going well! What a beautiful boy! I can't believe all of his hair. I am so glad that you were able to hold him...what a blessing! We are praying that all continues to go well!! Hugs, Jamie Richards
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know that we were checking in!! Sounds like so far things are progressing great!! You are SUPER lucky to have snuck in that hour to hold him...and so nice that he didn't have any respiratory issues that would complicate things. We will be watching with you in the next few days and sending all of our positive thoughts and prayers your direction for surgery on Monday!
ReplyDeleteAlli (IHH)
mom to Grant
I am so happy you have been able to cuddle that cutie! He is precious! Take care of you too! I hope to come see you all next week. I had knee surgery today and should be hobbling around by then. My prayers are with you!
ReplyDelete