Saturday, July 24, 2010
Happy 24th of July
We have been home today participating in Mapletons 24th celebration. I have not been able to see Severin today. Too many things to do and people to see. I called and talked to his Nurse. He has a swallow study scheduled for Monday. This could be bitter sweet, if he does NOT do well then he will come home with NG tube feeds, and he can come home Tues or Weds. If he DOES do well then he will start bottle feeds but will have to stay longer. I was excited at the thought of him coming home this week, but I also want him to bottle feed. Maybe this is another one of those miracles I keep asking for but I want him home by Weds AND eating from a bottle or even better NURSING! I wonder when is too much to ask. He is on a very minimal amount of oxygen, so he probably won't need it at home. Feeding is our last step to home. Well I'm off to a concert in the park and fireworks. Be safe everyone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Angee, I can't believe how amazing Severin is doing! I am so happy for you!! We will pray that things go well with the swallow study and he can pick up on drinking from a bottle quickly. If I remember right it only took Trig a day or two to catch on to drinking from a bottle. I hope that you had a fun 24th being able to spend time with the rest of your family. We will continue to pray for sweet Severin and your family. Hugs Jamie
ReplyDeleteThats so great!! Yes NG feeding are a little more time consuming, but all these heart kiddos go at their own rate. Kylie had to have the NG for 7 months but was able to get off after her Glenn. Don't worry about what is too much to ask for!! Really he is your baby and no question should go unanswered. I was told Kylie was able to nurse her but never felt comfortable doing it because I never knew how much she was eating. I am so glad things are going so awesome, don't feel bad if he doesn't pass either most don't pass their 1st try. Praying things continue to go great :0J
ReplyDelete