I think he is just getting cuter! It is an oxygen saturation monitor on his head, he has four. They monitor the O2 SATS in various places in his body, because his heart might not pump blood to all his body. I had hoped to give him a sponge bath this morning, but when I got to him his nurse told me he had had a rough night respiratory wise. He was fussy, he is not the kind of kid we can let "cry it out". All vitals drop if he gets too worked up. That is not a good thing. So all plans were off or set back a for few hours today. He had another Echo. The kids were able to sneek in to meet their brother and give kisses. Then he went to get a PICC line. All the different lines he has are prepatory for surgery, which should be on Monday. The Cardiologists are discussing the best surgical options. They have discovered he has a combined pulmonary vein on his left side. This may be ok just left alone or it will need to be included in the first surgery. So unfortunately no Grandmas or Grandpas today, but hopefully he will be stable enough for them tomorrow. This is usual for heart babies, this is also the reason we have requested no visitors, he just can't handle it. It makes a critical situation worse. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers in our behalf. I know that is what is sustaining us at this time, it is certainly not sleep or food. HA HA
All Our Love,
He is so beautiful... I think I already said that in another post, but I'll say it again. Man has he got a ton of hair. Maybe the more you barf the more hair your baby gets :) I'm so glad everything is going so well!
ReplyDeleteThat's nice to have a sat monitor that stays on!! Looks like it works a lot better than the ones that were wrapped on feet or hands. He is so cute!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAngie and Thom he is so Cute congrats are thoughts and prayers are with you at this time we love you and our sending you lots love hugs and kisses your way! PS we are headed up there in about 3 weeks for alivia surgery and I know she will have to stay a couple of nights.. You will have to stop by and maybe we can do lunch.. We Love You Lots!
ReplyDelete