Saturday, July 17, 2010

Eye balls and other New Baby looks

I was able to spend a little one on one time with Severin today. He was very alert and looking around with out setting off all his monitors. When he does get mad he turns purple, and his blood pressure sky rockets. I think the kid needs to learn yoga or some type of meditation. I would think after a heart surgery a diaper change would not even phase him. We are definitely working on comfort techniques. He is eating 2 cc per hour, and a bit gassy this is good it means digestion. Now if he will just poop that will prove digestion is happening.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Baby steps right? I am thrilled he is doing well. Just remember we are all praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mommy this is Morgan. You can't forget to tell everyone about his stink eye that he gives you almost every time he opens them too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that the chest closure went well. My prayers are with you all.
    (HUGS)
    Carolyn -IHH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so glad that he is doing good! I was thinking of you guys at church today, especially when I took sophia to nursery. You could probably teach him some calming skills! That is awesome that he is more alert and that you were able to spend some time with him yesterday. Just remember were here if need be. Hugs Michelle J

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay and ps just have to tell ya, Gavin just came in and said mom watch this. He told me how to feed the fish. How he figured that out i don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angee, I'm so glad to hear he is doing better. That has got to be a hugh relief for you guys. You are on my mind constantly and I check your blog a couple times a day to see how things are going. I reported on his progress yesterday in R.S. some of the sisters are asking what they can do for you and your family, I told them for now just keep those prayers going, but if there is something we can do please give me a call. You and Thom take care of yourself so you don't get too run down. Our prayers are for all of you. We love you,
    Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think for all the poking and prodding, the little guy gets to be a little cranky. Shows he's normal.
    YEAH for good news.
    SO SO very sad I missed you on Saturday, just wanted to give you a hug and tell you how amazing you are. Severin is so blessed to be sent your family. Sending our prayers, your way. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angee I'm so glad he is doing as well as can be expected.. I cheak your blog daily some days even hourly to here the updates.. Thanks so much for shareing I'm sure you are tired and worn out but you still keep us posted we love and are thinking and praying for you.
    Love
    Jeni Chase

    ReplyDelete