Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 2 post op

Severin had a "good as can be expected" night. We have to remember for the past week his heart has been a fetal heart. This is the first time his heart is functioning like a newborn. I guess he has a newborn heart. He is having all the usual ups and downs. Thankfully modern medicine allows medication to be given to keep all vitals in check. He has many FANTASTIC caregivers. Dr. Su mentioned this is a slow process. Everyday Severin has goals and so far he is meeting those goals. Moving slowly forward is still moving forward.

4 comments:

  1. Moving forward is good even if it is slow. Our prayers are with you all. We love you all. Lots of hugs and kisses coming your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angee and Thom, I am so happy that the surgery went well. We are thinking of you and our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thougth I would let you know that I am thinking of you. I have tried calling the room, but when I have you have been away.
    It was nice to visit with you on Saturday.
    My prayers continue that all will be well with recovery.
    (HUGS)
    Carolyn - IHH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every little milestone is a miracle and a blessing. Way to go Severin. He is working so hard. Give the kids hugs from us. (And You and Thom too)

    ReplyDelete