Saturday, November 17, 2012

Post op Day #2

*I added a picturethis is the miracle of medication*
Severin is not eating. This is good and bad. He needs to eat. Calories, healing process, removing chest tubes, tummy being awake, digestion, all these things a affected by his lack of food.  He barfed the bit of strawberry shake we talked him into eating. This tells me his tummy is not awake enough yet. They will pull one chest tube today, and leave the remaining 2 until he is eating better. He is his peppy self for an hour and then cries, or goes to sleep. When he is awake he talks and talks to everyone. His face is not as red/purple. When he cries it looks worse and his ears stay purple. Hopefully that will get better as his body adapts to the changes. They plan on moving him to the floor today, we are just waiting for a room to be available.
Thank you for checking in on our little guy, we appreciate all your love and support at this time. He is healing, it is just a process. HIS own process.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Grant didn't even attempt eating anything other than some milk until about day 4, but that didn't stop us from ordering room service for him each meal and trying different things ( which I then had to eat after.... Bummer! :) ) I hope he relaxes a little with one painful chest tube out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Alli said, Peyton didn't want to eat either. And I think Annie was the one that said most kids don't want to eat after the Fontan. I wouldn't stress over it too much. Peyton actually didn't eat a lot at all until he came home from the hospital. And now we can't really get him to stop :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete