**PICTURES**ADDED**
Sunday update:
After Severin didn't have his chest tubes anymore I gave him a sponge bath and got him dressed into his Helicopter/Firetruck pjs. Then we went for a wagon ride to see the train downstairs, and the fish.I asked him if he wanted to go to the playroom-"no" but I took him into see anyway. As soon as he saw ALL.THOSE. TOYS. He was trying to get himself out of the wagon-danger! I helped him out, he was really weak and needed help to stand. After a while he could walk-a little tipsey, but the reward of getting to as many toys as possible kept him going. After falling down a few times he decided it was ok to sit and let me bring the toys to him. I can't even imagine the pain of falling on your bum with a healing chest. OUCH! He said he was hungry, which usually means he is thirsty. We went back to his room and I gave him a drink. He said he was hungry still. What? could he really be HUNGRY? So I ordered him a little bit of everything from room service menu. He was so excited to see chicken nuggets. He ate so good! It was like someone flipped a switch and Sevie came back.
The kids came to see him, it was a bit much for him, but he misses them. We have taken many wagon rides all around. He is able to sit up better on his own. He doesn't hurt as much to move him. We still snuggle lots- in fact that is what he wants me to do now, so this is going to be cut short. He is a stinker and takes off his oxygen. Then when he desats enough and the "dings" go off he will put it back on. He is just trying to have some independence in his situation.
That is awesome with how great he sounds like he's doing! And yay for eating! So happy to hear your sweet Sevie is coming back. :)
ReplyDelete