Wednesday, November 24, 2010
A very GRUMPY Baby
Severin is doing as good as can be expected. I decided I would go with Thom and sleep at the RMH, and not in the hospital. Severin is really grumpy. They are trying to find the balance of sedation and pain med management. He cries but without a voice. He flails his arms and legs. He was able to come off the vent. at 7:30 so at 11:00 we tried to give him some pedialite. I think it hurt his throat. Then he cries and that hurts his chest, and around he goes in a vicious cycle. He just wants all the junk out/off of him, and be held. The Glen procedure replumbs the pulmonary artery blood flow. Now the blood comes from his head and into his lungs. Changing these pressures, through surgery, causes headache, and discomfort. It will take his body a few days to balance it all out. The amazing thing is that the body CAN and someone figured it out so now my son can live! His nurse said tomorrow will be a better day, and I hope it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Angee, I'm so sorry all or you have to go through this. Your motherly instincts must be going crazy! I hope today he balances out faster than usual and he can rest. I know there is a steady stream of prayers going off the rooftops in everyone's behalf. A Happy Thanksgiving has a whole new meaning for your little family. I know it has a new meaning for me. We are so blessed. (understatement)! Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Grandma Karen my motherly instincts are kicking in just reading it. I feel for you Ang I can just imagine the overwhelming feeling of just wanting to pick him up. We pray that he will soon be able to be in his loving parents arms and also with very Thankful Hearts Rejoice the outcome thus far.
ReplyDeleteLOTS OF LOVE!!!!