Severin tried rice cereal tonight, we waited for Daddy to get home. He didn't think anything of it. He even opened his mouth for the spoon. I know it feels like I'm rushing him to grow up, I'm not. I just want him to be familiar with a different texture and taste before surgery. Being intubated can cause all sorts of oral aversions. I didn't want to introduce foods after all the post traumatic stress of surgery.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Weight check and yummy rice cereal
5oz. weight gain! 13.8 ! I don't know if he will reach my goal of 15 pounds by surgery, but we're still working on it.
Severin tried rice cereal tonight, we waited for Daddy to get home. He didn't think anything of it. He even opened his mouth for the spoon. I know it feels like I'm rushing him to grow up, I'm not. I just want him to be familiar with a different texture and taste before surgery. Being intubated can cause all sorts of oral aversions. I didn't want to introduce foods after all the post traumatic stress of surgery.
He has a little on his lip, don't worry he worked until he got it in.
I hope he likes it this much tomorrow.
Severin tried rice cereal tonight, we waited for Daddy to get home. He didn't think anything of it. He even opened his mouth for the spoon. I know it feels like I'm rushing him to grow up, I'm not. I just want him to be familiar with a different texture and taste before surgery. Being intubated can cause all sorts of oral aversions. I didn't want to introduce foods after all the post traumatic stress of surgery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a good little boy. He looks so cute. I am just around the corner if you need help with the kids. You will continue to be in my prayers.
ReplyDelete