Saturday, November 20, 2010
Testimony in song
I went to a nephews baptism today. The opening song was the Hymn " I Know My Redeemer Lives" I made it until the 5th verse. "He lives to silence all my fears, He lives to wipe away my tears, He lives to calm my troubled heart, He lives all blessing to impart." I was sobbing. I have so much fear right now, I cry everyday, Oh how my heart is troubled for my sons troubled heart, and yet I ask for His blessing. I know My Savior knows how I feel right now. He knows my concerns. He knows my pure intent. He knows my deep love for my son. He lives, therefore I live, and my son will live. This is a very hard time for me to be vulnerable. I'm usually the giver, it is humbling to me to receive. This is a very "growing" time for me. To excercise Hope is to exercise Faith. I am begining a week of more growth. I ask for all of our faith to unite for Severin. Give our family the strength to endure this growing season. My Thanks to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Angee, Thank you so much for your testimony. Your family and Severin will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers this week. Hugs Jamie
ReplyDeleteLoved that! You are so strong , and have been in my thoughts and prayers this whole day! I hope and pray that sweet little boy will fight through this next phase as well as he did the first. It does take faith, but faith can move mountains just remember that. You/ We have all seen it in these last few months. And Ang you don't always have to be the strong one.We all have to be weak at some point in a trial. And it is okay to give it all back to the lord . If you guys need anything please call me. Lvs Michelle
ReplyDeleteAngee, I just want you to know that my testimony has grown because of you. Thank you for sharing your fears and thoughts. I think every mother holds fears in her heart over her children, even when they are healthy. This song along with "Come thou fount of every blessing" are my absolute favorite. Aren't we lucky to have the opportunity to "crack" open yet another facet of the Atonement and like you say endure another "growing season." Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We love you.
ReplyDeleteKaren