Tuesday, November 30, 2010
The possible bug
I'm on the computer at PCMC while Severin is being held by his nurse. I thought I should give a bit of an update. Severin has an infection in his blood. They are calling it a staph infection. I guess there are varing degrees so we will wait until more "bugs" grow in the dish, and make sure he is on the right antibiotic. He will be here for 4-7 more days, depending on the antibiotic time needed. This has to be treated with IV antibiotics. He is running out of veins. I could do IV treatments at home BUT hat would require a central line (PICC line). It would go into his heart right where they just did surgery. I'm not willing to risk it. He may end up with IVs in his head before we are through here. He is not back in CICU though yeah! Well I had better eat that is what his nurse told me to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad they've figured it out. Hope you get to come home sooner, rather than later...let me know if you need any more help on the home front:)
ReplyDeleteGet the meds working! Sometimes the iv's in the head work the best - baby can't pull them out easily. Hope he is feeling better soon so you can get him back home!
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in our prayers and sending our love.
ReplyDeleteIm glad they figured it out finally! Ive been thinking about ya and been worried for your little man. Hope your home sooner than you think! My kids are excited to play with Neleah today!
ReplyDelete