Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Severin passed his swallow study!!!
We had a height & weight check today. He is 8 pounds and 22 1/2 inches. Yeah! Then we were on to labs, THREE pokes later they had barely enough blood- and this was the IV team again, he is really hard to get to bleed. He was pretty tired from that cry fest so I didn't know how he would be for his swallow study. I put him in the little seat, gave them the bottle nipple we have been practicing with. He started to suck and swallow like a champ! I knew he could do it. He is such an amazing kid. Tomorrow the HH Nurse will pull his NJ tube to the NG tube position. He will do his 18cc per hour continuous feed for 24 hours. Day two we can start the oral feeds 26cc every two hours anything he can't get in through his mouth he can eat through his tube. Day three he increases to 55cc every three hours. WHOO HOO This is more work but he is becoming "normal" and closer to nursing. Now he is going to feel hungry and barf. Oh his infection was a stitch abscess. He is still on the antibiotics, but it's looking good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad to hear Severin continues to progress! Great news! Let me know if you need help...even if it's just a chocolate run...I'm really good at those:)
ReplyDeleteHippHipp HORRAYYYYY!!! That is great news! What an lilpunkin! I am so happy for you guys, and like you said it is one step closer to normalness! Im sure that will feel so great! Like Ive said many times if you need anything call me! michelle!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Severin!!! That is wonderful!!!
ReplyDelete