Thursday, August 5, 2010
Surgical Follow up Aug. 4
The follow up helped to mellow me out. They answered all my questions. Bonnie the NP said to unplug him from the pulse oximeter, it would make me crazy to watch-and it was. She said carry him around the house like a normal baby. She wanted me to get confident in looking at Severin, not confident in a machine. I can use the machine to validate what I see or at times I'm not looking at him (like at night). The Cardiologist said it was ok for him to desat for 30 mins, before we need to rush putting oxygen on him. He only needs oxygen when he freaks out. Severin will out grow his shunt, and when he does he will continue to become more blue. It is a process, not immediate. She said I will know- I hope I will know. We had to get lab work done. Severin promptly turned purple and held his breath- freaking the lab folks out, they called the IV team, and I waited an hour for them. When they poked him he wrinkled his nose, and then fell asleep while they worked to get enough blood. He is such a manipulator already- I think he likes the pretty Nurses. When the Home Health Nurse came today to weigh him he was 7.9, all scales are a little different but hey he is growing. I tried unplugging him today and it was definitely a better day, beep free! He did just fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad things are going well at home!
ReplyDeleteBaby steps!
ReplyDeleteAngee-
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog from the Intermountain Healing Hearts- I just joined the "group" a few days ago. I too am a heart mom of a little boy(2 1/2 months) with Hypoplastic Right Heart- along with other things. We didn't know about his condition until he was 4 days old so our journey has been a little different. But I just wanted to say I am happy you got to bring your little guy home and I hope things continue to go well.
Heidi Gunnell (heidigunnell@gmail.com)