Saturday, August 14, 2010
Angee update
I know most of you check this blog to see how Severin is doing. Some of you may be wondering "what is Ang doing?" so here is a run down of my week. Monday I had another one of those really bad gas pains. Like the one I had when I was pregnant. I've been having these more the past two weeks, but I'm a gasey gal so it would usually, well, pass. Monday it did not so I made a Dr. appointment on Tuesday. I wanted to make sure I was not contagious, and get a better antiacid. I do not have time for it to be anything else. Labs say I am not contagious-great- but I have "clotting factors" which could be from having a baby or it could be blood clots in my lungs. What the...blood clots? Off to UVRMC for a CT scan. The contrast blew out my vein, ouch! son of a... I had a cute puffy Popeye arm but no blood clots-great. Dr said maybe gall bladder- I do not have time for gall bladder, but we'll see when more labs come back tomorrow. Weds was a PCMC day with Severin a good one at that! Dr. calls when I get home and asks how I am, I said a little pain still but ok. He tells me I am more sick then I think I am. What? Lab work shows pancreatitus and decreased liver function. I need to get my gall bladder out ASAP. Seriously what the H.... This does NOT work with my schedule. I was admitted on Thursday night, for surgery in the morning. Friday was NSP Lagoon day. My kids have had such a crappy summer and they have been looking forward to Lagoon, I was NOT going to let them miss out just because of my stupid gall bladder! I made Thom take them. My parents came to the hospital with me. Severin was left in the very capable hands of his Auntie Teresa. Before surgery I was cracking jokes and chating with everyone, like I do. My Surgeon thought I had already been given a dose of versed, no this is my regular funniness. He was probably glad to get me knocked out. Surgery went well. I had hundreds of stones in my gall bladder- we have a picture- yuck! The pancreas and liver looked good. Afterwards I slept while my parents watched, super boring I'm sure. I came home Friday night. Teresa brought Severin home, it was really sad to come home and not have my babies there. My parents hung out until my neighbor and friend, Megan came over to babysit us. It sucks now Severin and I both need a babysitter. Megan stayed through the night, getting up with Severin and giving me my pain meds on a schedule. What a TRUE friend! Thank you Megan. Thom and the kids have went to do my cleaning gig this morning. I'm feeling pretty good, like I did too many sit-ups. My parents will be here shortly to babysit us again. So many angels and the words "thank you" just do not seem to be enough. Thank-you!!!! And moral of this story -there is no such thing as a constipated fart, it's probably something else. All my Love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh! You poor thing! I really hope that this is it for you, that there aren't any more surprises lurking around a corner. I know you are probably going crazy, but just remember you need some rest so you can take care of that handsome little guy. I really wish I was more help to you:) So, just take my advice and go get some rest while you have a babysitter to watch over you. Hang in there darling! Luvs, Tiff
ReplyDeleteWell I beg to differ on the constapated fart thing, if you have had a c-set or your guts open and had the so called GAS in your body cav- it feels like a constipated fart, and all you want to do SO bad is wish you could fart. ! Ok enough I felt horrible when my mom informed me of this! Seriously! What can I do please let me take your kids next week, if you don't call me I will just come get them! Rest, rest, rest that is what YOU need, and severian is in great hands, Prayers and lots of loves coming your way! Michelle
ReplyDeleteYou poor girl! I'm bringing you food on Tuesday, so you better put in your requests now or you just might get another delicious casserole:) I'd be happy to help you with your kids too! Hoping for a better week! #1
ReplyDeleteSeriously? First, I am sorry! But, this has got to be the last of it right? Second, laughing. You are always making me laugh. Constipated fart? (he, he...).
ReplyDeleteI am also taking your kids next week so you better call me or I will call you if I don't get a call. I don't have to work this Tuesday. So PLEASE call me.
Prayers continue to be sent your way!
WOW, does it seem like sometimes when it rains it pours. I hope that you get feeling better and I am sorry that you had to have your gallbladder out, not fun. . .I know from experience.
ReplyDeleteSending my love and prayers.
Hugs,
Carolyn (IHH)
Holey Kanoly Batman. So very crazy, and you do know how to spin a story so well. Hope you are keeping a journal, so later you can remember what an amazing experience you are having tough times and all. (Not that you have time for that, but still)
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that things are progressing with Severin's feeding. Thank Heaven's you are surrounded by so many loving and supportive people. You truly are amazing. Love ya lots, Brenda