Monday, August 16, 2010
Bottle feedings coming soon
Due to MY adventure last weekend Severin was not able to start his oral feeds. Until today. We went to the Pediatrician, Teresa came to be the pack mule and carry Severins monitors because I can not lift more then 15 pounds. And all his crap is more then that. He weighs 8.2!!! He had his NJ pulled to his tummy, then an Xray to check the position. Tonight I had the Home Health Nurse come and make sure I placed his new NG tube correctly. I did it on the first try and only made Severin purple a little. The new NG tube is smaller and I was able to put it in the other nostril, and tape it to his face better. He is on 18cc continous feed for tonight. This will be the last night I can sleep. Tomorrow he will be on the every 2 hour schedule 'round the clock. He will take 26cc from a bottle, or as much as he can and then NG tube the rest. My Mom and Morgan are taking care of him tonight, so I can sleep and recover my own body the best I can. I had better get to sleep, or my mom will get mad. Does that sound like I'm 8 or what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it! And no, you don't sound like you're 8! Since it's bottle feeds and not nursing yet, you know you still have help! I don't want you overdoing yourself and not getting better. I'll call and check on you later!
ReplyDeleteIf I were you, I'd ACT like I was 8, and get sent to bed earlier than that!!! Hope you are doing fantastic!!!
ReplyDelete