This blog has become my journal. So please bear with me as I fill in some blanks for posterity.
Severin is doing great. He has ate his way through peas,green beans,carrots, sweet potatoes,squash,rice cereal,bananas,applesauce,pears,and apple-blueberry. Sweet potatoes are a fav. Thom gave him some tiny bits of hotdog. I said he isn't suppose to have meats until 8 months and even then I don't think a hotdog qualifies as a meat. So I gave Severin a cheese puff. He loves both and I'm afraid we have tanted his plalate for life. Everyday he eats cereal,fruit, and veggie. His OT just introduced him to Mum mums, puffy snacks, and biter biscuts, he is munching on those whenever possible. He also takes fortified breastmilk in a bottle 2-3 times a day. So I pump and pump. But I can nurse him at night. This makes for not too much sleep, but I am willing because it is a time when I can feel like a mom. That brings me to sleeping. I still sleep in the daybed (or morning bed as Johnathen calls it) in Severins room. I put Severin to sleep in his bed. When he wakes up to eat I just put him in bed with me to nurse. I know, I know I'm creating a terrible habit. I even ratted myself out to the Pedatrician. I said the people who wrote those books did not have a heart baby. He agreed and didn't seem too concerned. Maybe he was just treading lightly around the crazy mom, but I took it as validation. And who cares really I'm still waiting for Johnathen and Neleh to sleep through the night!
Severin has discovered the JOY of the Jumperoo. He jumps and jumps until he falls asleep, and then if you startle him awake he starts jumping again. Thom caught that on video it is pretty funny. The exersaucer adds another form entertainment, although he still tries to make that jump too. He is so very close to sitting up on his own. He would rather be sitting on his own or in his Bumbo then laying down. He is not a fan of tummy time. He will do it for maybe 5 mins. The OT isn't worried she said we can work on it after he is good at sitting up.
He is a good baby. Happy and snuggly.He is quick to smile, and gives great loves. If he is fussing he is hungry or tired. We are truly enjoying every moment with him.
Wow he is getting so grown up. I cant beleive it. And I say you go girl. I think you are right that the authors didn't have heart babies. Love you tons and tons
ReplyDeleteLove those mile-stones. Love the Jumper and saucer too. He is such a sweetheart. Glad he is doing so well.
ReplyDelete