Saturday, February 5, 2011
One tired Mom, and one sick baby
Dispite chasing my kids around with a cloud of Lysol, Johnathen washing his hands until they crack and bleed, Neleh "faithfully" covering her mouth everytime she coughed, not to mention the THOUSANDS of dollars spent on RSV shots... Severin is sick. We have been to the Dr. Monday, Thursday, & Saturday, with an extra Nurse visit on Friday. The Ped. and I have been having a battle of the degrees (his MD-medical vs my MD-mommy) The Ped says Severin is fine on Thursday. I know something is brewing inside him. He is not my first kid and the older kids have been coughing for two weeks. I think I am the most scared of missing a sign/symptom of something serious. If he is fine the why am I up all night with him. So I call Cardiology. One day I am going to meet"April the Nurse from Cardiology" and thank her for listening to me. She validated my concerns and agreed it sounded like the begining of a virius. By friday night Severin is back on O2 to maintain his sats. I'm suprized how much I had gotten used to going without it after only one month. Now I drag the tank around with me-joy!
This is how we spent most of our Saturday. In bed watching TV. He hates the O2. He pulls it down and chews on the cannula. I think last night was the worst of it (I hope). No fevers. Just sounds like he is breathing through a sieve. He has antibiotic for his eye infection, saline and Benedryl for the snotty nose and non stop humidifier, hot showers and sitting in the cold air for the cough. I only needed the Ped to give me the eye Rx, I was doing everything else. Again he is not my first nor am I stupid. I may be "stupid tired" but not stupid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Angie, so sorry :-( and i can totally understand the stupid tired versus just stupid. I think all peds should have to at least listen to the moms who might know a thing or two about there sick kids.
ReplyDelete