As I put my Heart Mom pin on today it didn't take long to find a CHD Dad. We talked about our kids diagnosis'. I ask how old is your son? His reponse with a smile "He would be 5" The word would lingers. Then I ask to tell me more. His son, Andrew, lived 2 months. Andrew joined the nearly 4,000 other babies that year who did not make it to their first Birthday. My heart aches for these parents who have to say good-bye all too soon to their sweet little creation. What if I was saying Severin would be seven months old today? Instead I get to hold him. I thank his heart for giving me the past seven months. I get to listen to him breathe. I get to see his smile. I get to feed him and watch him grow. I get to feel his hugs when he has been missing me. I get his open mouth kisses all over my face.
On this day I ask all of you to hug your loved one a little longer. Read just one more story before bed. Say "I Love You" and really mean it. Pray for the broken hearts, that they might be healed.
Every day is a true gift. I have to remember that when I realize I am not the one in control. It is still a gift. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThanks Angie for the reminder of how truly precious life is. I needed it today.
ReplyDelete