Friday, December 10, 2010
Update on the first week back home
Severin is doing better everyday. He and Neleh are in a competition to see who can throw the most fits in a day. So far Neleh is winning. He came home on 1/4 liter of oxygen. He went into surgery on 3/4 ,so improvement already. He sweats like crazy when he eats, screams and sleeps. So pretty much all the time. He has a follow up appointment on Wednesday. They will do an echo again to check the "decreased function" in his heart. They expect it to heal itself and return to full function. It was mild and from what I have been told it is in his ventrical septum- which he doesn't have so I'm a bit confused. One thing you do NOT say to a heart mom is "decreased heart function" it makes us think bad thoughts. He is on blood pressure medication, lasix, asprin and tylenol. Not bad for what he has been through. He would love to be on my lap facing forward with me patting his belly, always. Unfortunately life doesn't always afford us those luxuries, but I do it as much as possiable. I will love to have a rountine again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you guys are home, and things are "relatively" normal again... too bad fits fall into the normal category (they do at our house too). I hope you find all things well at his appointment on Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteAngee I am so happy you are finally getting back to a routine!! That so cool. Hugs and Kisses miss you all!
ReplyDelete