Friday, December 17, 2010
Oxygen and the New "Normal"
So after having Severin totally off O2, and seeing him turn really blue when he cries, I reworked the plan. He was on 1/4 liter. He obviously can not do cold turkey. I decided to slowly wean him down. He is now on an 1/8 liter. His sats are hanging around 77-83%. When he starts hitting high 80s low 90s then I will decrease him to 1/16 then 1/32. By that time he should be able to do room air. His body is still healing. In my gut I just can't have him be that blue if I can prevent it with a little O2. AND he started coughing on our way home from Primarys. Its not too bad. I just pray Synergist really works! He is getting back to his happy self. Today he even giggled when we were snuggling. It is so good to see him coming back around. This is again our NEW normal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mom's always know BEST! I think it is good you do what you think needs to be done. And I am so happy he is finding his way back to "normal." The big question is, are you?!
ReplyDeleteAngee,
ReplyDeleteSeriously, it is so comforting to read your blog and know that I'm not alone! Although our sons have very different conditions, its nice to know that I'm not the only one worrying over all this stuff. Sev is adorable, I am so jealous of all his chubbiness! Thanks for stopping by Parker's blog and always making me feel better!
Amy