Sunday, December 26, 2010

Another Miracle

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We all got everything we wanted, even diarrhea. Lucky I know. Earlier this week Thom got a call from the Infectious Disease Team at Primary Childrens, informing us that Severin was exposed to Whooping cough while in the hospital. Seriously, staph and then whooping cough, can anyone say germ warfare? I could not imagine him coughing, he cries when he sneezes. They said incubation is 3 weeks he was exposed on the 3 rd, so if he still was not coughing by Christmas he would be ok. So far so good, not even the diarrhea. I am so grateful for the Lords hand in my sons health. His OT came to see him on Weds. He is doing really good. We both think as soon as he can tolerate being on his tummy he is going to take off. He has lots of new toys to play with and encourage rolling. He is on 1/16 liter of oxygen. He has been doing well on that amount. I tried to turn him down last night but he couldn't maintain. Thats ok, its not a race. His heart will heal and his body will grow and not need extra O2. When he is tired he rubs it off and I let him be for a bit. He has started nursing at night again, YEA! I didn't properly appreciate nursing until I couldn't do it. He still needs high calorie the majority of the time, so it is fortified bottles during the day. But not having to get up and warm a bottle 3 times a night is great! He "talks" and blows bubbles. He chews on his hands, maybe teeth? The heart thing over shadows everything else, I forget about the "normal" baby stuff. He has an appointment with his Pediatrician on Jan. 3 for more Synergist, 6 month well baby visit, and 4 month immunizations- we are a bit behind. We wish you all a safe and blessed Hoilday Season, Loves!

2 comments:

  1. Glad he hasn't been getting all the illnesses going around!! And super excited that he is on so little o2 and able to nurse at night!!! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. I signed Rach up for the Wed 9:45 gymnastics...I'd be happy to take Johnathan and Neleh to that class if you wanted to sign them up. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete