Sometimes this Heart Mom gig is a little more then I think I can handle.
I have tears of joy as I type because one of our Heart Buddies got her new Heart today. We have 2 others in the hospital waiting. My JOY is because this beautiful, blonde, 5 year old girl gets a chance at a new life, again. Because you see this is Miss K's second heart. She was born heart healthy but as an infant she contracted a virus that attacked her heart. Her heart then developed coronary artery disease, making it so she would need a new heart again. To receive a special gift like this once is a miracle, twice is unheard of. My heart is full for the family that lost their child today. They had to make an extremely tough decision. As I pray for K, her family, the surgeons, the medical team and all that have assembled to make this miracle happen, I also pray for the Mom who has had to go home to her childs empty room. She isn't done doing hard things, she has to say good- bye to her sweet babys body, the house that held the spirit that was too big to stay in this world. She has to hold on to the simple joys that her child left behind, because there will be no more new ones made. From one Mother to another your selfless act has not gone unrecognized. You and your child have touched so many lives, there is no way you will ever know. But if you read this and know a mom who had to make hard decisions like this, please tell them Thank- You.
This is beautiful Angee. Miracles sure are real. But heart ache is not hidden and the plan is hard to understand sometimes.
ReplyDelete