Yes I did it! I didn't even fall down and break out any teeth- that was a big fear of mine. Our only "injury" was blisters. I can't believe I didn't get a pict. of Jackies, it was huge!
This is my cousin Jackie. Out of everyone I invited to run with me she was the only one who made it. Jackie and I were raised as sisters- we even fought like sisters. We were roommates, best friends, secret keepers, Morgan's "other mother" and forever family. As we grew up marriage, kids, and living in different places made us separate for a time. All of that never takes away the bond we have. We used to go out to clubs and dance all night. We would get ready together, so we could make sure we both looked perfect. I would go with her in Jr High to her schools all night party. This time we got ready together but it was more about eating right the whole day, rolling out our tight spots, taping our feet, going pee a whole bunch, and taking 800mg Ibuprofen- before we even start. Off we went to a really bad club.
I appreciate my body's ability to push its' limits and endure to the end. It was a lot easier than I thought. I want to do another, when my knees feel better.
Thanks for the fun Quacky Duck! Not too bad for a couple of Mommies!
No comments:
Post a Comment