Thursday, April 21, 2011

NINE month well baby visit

Here is Severins current Stats:
WEIGHT: 18.2 over all percentile 13%
HEIGHT: 27 inches over all percentile 10%- so he is a bit short, but have you met Neleh!?
HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE: 50 percentile!
There is a window of head growth that must happen for proper brain development. Severin was on the boarder of this growth when he had his last surgery. Thankfully his head growth has continued to make vertical marks on the growth chart. Good for the brain. The things I never have had to worry about before. We do not have to see the Ped. until after his 1st birthday! Cardiology is the end of June. We just may get to be Dr. free for a few months!
Severin was gnawing on my finger and I think I felt a tooth! Can it be? He is finally getting teeth! All this drooling is paying off.
Aside from being Dr. free it has been an amazing 9 months. He has been out for as long as he was in. I didn't know 9 months ago if I would ever have this day. I am so grateful for Severin. I am grateful for his heart. I am grateful for the growth this has given to our family. Everyday is a blessing. Too many times in life we say the "ifs". How lucky are we to be able to enjoy the moment and truly treasure it.

2 comments:

  1. well said! so glad he is doing well. what a trooper. what a lucky boy he is to have you as his mother. hope you are doing well. i miss seeing your smiling face every once ina while

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true so true sending
    My heart hugs ivy

    ReplyDelete