Friday, April 29, 2011

Severins first Criminal Offense...

Everyone has been raving about the Carl Bloch Exhibition at BYU to me. Carl Bloch is an Artist from the 1800s. His paintings of Christ are well known in the LDS community. So I finally got tickets, down side they were for 9:30 PM! No worries I made sure the kids were fed, rested and we were off.
Severin being The Severin who hasn't been out much, was a bit "excited" to see so many people, lights, chairs, movies, wood, you get my point. I kept sushing him, giving him his bottle, in HIGH hopes he would fall asleep. No such luck. As I was reading about one of the large pieces of Art, Severin had had it and started talking in his loud voice. Personally I think he was looking at Christ and saying"I know HIM!, I love HIM, HE is my friend and my pal! I miss HIM so much!" Unfortuantly a Gallery Volunteer did not appreciate Severin talking to Jesus. She asked me to go stand in this cubby hole and calm my baby down, "We just can not have him being noisy in the Gallery." Well then they should not have made it so echoy! I went to the cubby hole and it smelled like farts. When I call people artsey fartsey I didn't mean it literally! But I was not going to stand in that stink hole! So we went out.
That's it Severins first criminal offense-disrupting the peace in an Art Gallery at 10:30 at night.
Lessons learned: The Artsey Fartsey really do stink, and they do not like children at their events, talking to their pieces.
Thom did trade off with me so I was able to see all the art. Carl Bloch did a beautiful job depicting the life of Our Savior.

5 comments:

  1. That made me laugh out loud. I may have woken a little child, but it was totally worth it!

    Oh, PS... I miss your guts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Funny. Hope you got to enjoy the rest of the exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! I am laughing out loud. Good job Severin- he is just spunky like his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the tickets I got said no kids....I'm surprised they let you in....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry that you missed it! you just have to laugh or else you will cry right? Thanks for getting me to go with ya VT it was great. Im glad we got that chalked off the list this month! Your the best! Im so glad to see sev doing so good he is such a cutie and gonna be a lady killer with those big browns!!!!!

    ReplyDelete