Sunday, October 17, 2010

Grandma Sue and Grandpa Fred Mt. Pleasant Oct. 13-15

I was soo excited to get to go to my parents house. It was fall break for the kids and I needed a break from home life. We loaded the van. Severin has an oxygen concentrator now so I didn't need to bring O2 tanks. We were 1/2 way there, on the county line between Utah County and Sanpete County. I saw what I thought was dust in my rear view mirror. I tried to clean the window. Then the "low oil pressure" light came on. Oh crap ! I pulled over and called Thom. The sign said Mt. Pleasant 18 miles-so close but so far. The van was smoking from under the hood. Thom decided he would come and bring us more oil. I decided I would at least look under the hood. Well that would have been good IF I knew how to unlatch the hood. I stood out in front of the van feeling around in vain. A nice young man stopped by and asked if we needed help. He promptly found the release latch and the inside of the hood was sprayed with oil. No oil was on the dip stick either. Yeah I'm not going anywhere. I called my parents and asked them to come and tow us home - Thom was on his way I couldn't get a hold of him. Thom and my parents got there about the same time. It was too dark to tow through the canyon so we loaded the TWO vehicles with all the stuff I packed and the people. We went to Mt. Pleasant and had dinner. Thom had a sleep over with us, and in the morning he and my Dad took the van to the shop. A small fee and the van is back on the road! I'm so thankful we were not hurt and I didn't keep driving and blow the whole engine. I didn't stay in my pjs every day, I was wearing jeans but Severin barfed on me. This is the back porch to the cabin. We were sad to leave.
We wondered who Severin looked the most like. This is a picture of my mom- they look a lot alike, especially the hair.
Grandpa took the kids on many wheelbarrow rides, and they loved every minute. I didn't even see them for two hours! They were outside "helping" my Dad. Every so often I would hear Johnathen say something to my Dad and he would laugh. They were so dirty at the end of the day they left a dirt ring in the tub.
Severin was "taking" to Grandma. It was so relaxing to have my parents helping with the kids. Severin was always held and the other kids were always entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment