Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cardiologist Appointment Sept 8

Severin had his first Cardio visit with Dr.Su. From a heart stand point he is doing great. He goes back in a month. His goals for this month is to get rid of the NG tube, which I say yeah to because I was up every hour last night resetting the stupid pump. I hate that thing. He is almost there. He wakes up to nurse while he is on continous feeds. So he eats every 4ish hours through the night. Dr. Su is also very encouraging about nursing. Second goal is to decrease oxygen need. I said this is opposite of what I have been told. Dr. Su wants him to be as "normal" as he can by the next surgery. I still laugh about the word normal. Dr. Su doesn't say normal he said something about physiologically somethin' somethin'. Severin is currently on 1/2 liter of oxygen, I can't see how he is going to go down when he has been going up. If he can not decrease his oxygen need they will look at doing his surgery sooner. He has a bit of a snotty nose right now so I will try when that goes away. All the kids are coughing and snotty nosed, WELCOME FALL!! Pediatrician tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment