Friday, March 25, 2011

CROUP !!???!!

Severin woke up at 2am and couldn't breathe. He had a super "barky" cough. I know and I'm just going to say it, so those of you with virgin eyes, now is the time to advert your eyes...ok. SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL?! I have been indoors since October! How was my baby exposed to the croup? I have been so protective. I was just telling all my Bunco Ladies last night the good place we are in with him. I wanted to be hospital free this year. I'm not going to count the ER. I know this is just one of those regular childhood illnesses. He is a heart kid so my mind wanders. Is it his pulmonary veins, pulmonary artery, enlarged heart, diaphram, heart failure...on and on. We have tried so hard. My kids wash and wash and change clothes. They haven't had friends over for months. We just barely have been crawling out of our hole, and then this, SLAM! For the past three months he gets a cough, snotty nose, gooey eyes right before his Synagist is due. So on Weds. when he started with a snotty nose I just thought here we go again, his Synagist is due on Monday. It quickly turned into something more. Thankfully the ER Doc. at UVRMC was willing to treat Severin. If you remember back when his NJ tube was clogged they wanted NOTHING to do with him. The staff adored him, and he did all of his tricks for them to ooo and ahhh. The miracle of steroids and we were on our way. Boy do I need a nap!

5 comments:

  1. I hope that Severin is doing better! I think of you often. Hugs, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more my friend, WHAT THE HELL???? Hope you guys are doing ok. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo sorry! Seriously!!! I hate croup. I have spent my fair share of nights on the poarch wrapped in a blankie holding a little one. Yep! Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously... The germs find their way in- mischevious little things. Glad the ER doc wasn't freaked out by the below 80 oxygen saturations. Here's to a happy and HEALTHY spring. And get some sleep would ya??? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the more we stay in doors the more the kids get sick. So now we live life, we travel with caution but we go to movies at the odd times and we go to stores of course Connor is in my arms so he I out of Any ones reach and knock on wood it's been okay . I don't know the answer but now I can breath if someone comes in my house before I seriously would have a panic attack.
    Sending my live to you both hoping the buggies go away

    Ps are you going to moms luncheon ??? I hope so I would love to see you there

    ReplyDelete