Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Upcoming Cardiology Appointments

I almost forgot to post.... We have dates!!!
October 16 is the sedated Echo- this will be at PCMC, hopefully I can talk them into lettting him do an oral sedation and he won't even get an IV poke! If not it is just IV sedation, so no intubation, no leaving Mom and Dad
Surgery Date is November 15 with pre op labs the day before. This is the 3rd Open Heart Surgery that we knew he would need. After this he may need a pacemaker when he is a teenager, or a transplant. Thom asked me how I felt about this date... nothing really... I've asked all the questions I know of. The worry is always there but the alternative to surgery is death and that is exactly what I have been trying to prevent. I never thought Heart Surgery would be so casual to me. The past 2 1/2 years have taught me so much about life, myself, my family, my husband, and our purpose. Severin's heart is telling us it is ready for the next step, and we are on this journey with him, so away we go.

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to have dates. You are a wonderful mom to your children. Than you for being my friend and putting up with my craziness!!

    ReplyDelete