I keep wondering if I should post this. Maybe it is too personal, maybe no one will "get it" but me. But for some reason I keep coming back to blogging about an experience Morgan had.
Let me start by saying our house has a handful of teenagers in it at any time of day. We have 2 "guy friends"(K & J) that have become part of the fam. more then the others.
Morgan was back to school after Christmas break. A boy came up to her and asked about her brothers heart, and upcoming heart surgery. She knew he was in K & J ward. She tells him about Severin, gets a little teary eyed about it. And then asks how he knows about her brother. He then tells her in their Priest Quorum at the end of the lesson, they ask the Young Men if there is anyone they would like to specifically pray for. On the past Sunday K raised his hand and asked to pray for Severin, and then J offered to give that prayer.
I still cry when I type this. If any of us only knew how many prayers have been offered in our behalf, how would we be different. I invision this room of handsome young men, it their white shirts and ties, praying for a little boy that may not ever be their age in his earth life. I am so very humbled by the prayers offered for our son and our family. I feel them. I know they are heard. I am thankful for the blessing of faithful people (and teenagers) in my life.
that is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteAngee, I "get it" too. You reminded me of when Enzo had his last surgery I found out that someone I worked with had her prayer group pray for him - people I didn't know. That prayer group lead to people clear across the country praying for my son. And now you have me crying too! Thanks for reminding me of this - and sharing your faith with me.
ReplyDelete