Monday, April 12, 2010

Perinatologist Appointment April 12 at UVRMC

Hello Everyone!
Today was a "good" appointment. I thought I'd start by telling what the point of a Perinatologist appointment is all about. It is a monthly visit where they check for growth consistant with the gestational time, aminotic fluid levels, babys heart for any anatomy changes, & babys body for any anatomy changes(defects). So today we are still having a BOY, my aminotic fluid is perfect. Severin weighs 2 lbs 4 oz and they are usually within a few ounces of actual birth weight. His heart is still the same 3 chambers with a little 4th. No signs of distress, or abnormal anatomy in the heart or throughout his body. His measurements put his gestational age at 27+ weeks and I am not even 26 weeks yet. So maybe he will be a chubby like Johnathen?! He looks so much like Johnathen and Neleh. It just reaffirms I am the weaker gene against the"Quist"gene. We are going to try and get me to 39 weeks, BIG BREATH, which freaks me out because Neleh was born at 38 weeks and we all know how FAST that was. I just want to have everyone ready for him, no surprizes. The hope of 39 weeks is an big healthy baby (except for his heart of course), but even then his heart and most important his lungs will be able to handle a surgery. Again Dr.Dion-Townsend said this should be a normal delivery, pregancy should continue to progress normally. Heart babies thrive until they are born. That is the unknown we can't prepare for until a little closer to "D" day. I feel like a ticking time bomb already. What am I going to be like the end of June! Anywho check back next week for the Cardiologist update!
Loves!
Angee

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through the IHH forum. Hope you don't mind me reading your blog! Are you related to Teresa Quist? Piper and my daughter, Laurie, were roommates in the NICU at PCMC together... good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete